Online Conversation Category : OPTIMIZED SEARCH – Pay Per Click & Re-marketing Campaigns
Task: Target A Specific Audience
Client Type: ANY
Pay per click (PPC) (also called cost per click) is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to your websites. Advertisers pay the publisher when the ad is clicked. This model is based on the clients ad spend or investment in the keyword ad campaign and can be a key component of your marketing services.
Here are a few key factors when pursuing an optimized Pay per Click campaign
- Conduct a deep dive to learn the business and the industry
- Uncover the most challenging aspects of your business faces
- Create a PPC approach that’s in alignment with business goals
- Discover who your competition actually is in this space
- Optimize common tasks such as negative matching and keyword expansion
- Identify touch points that lead to conversions
- Create an action plan that eliminates dominating bottlenecks
- Identify actions that directly impact conversions which lead to revenue
PPC is an effective way to drive traffic to your website if properly optimized, conversely if these campaigns are not properly optimized, they can get expensive.
Advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market but these keywords may not be in line with target personas or mindsets.
Web sites that offer Pay Per Click Marketing can charge a fixed price per click or they can use a bidding system. PPC “display” advertisements, also known as “banner” ads, are shown on web sites or search engine results with related content that have agreed to show the clients ads.